Types of Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Personal information is information to specifically identify an individual, such as a customer's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual's activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
- Aggregate Information: Personal information does not include "aggregate" information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase might be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We might share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
realhighteaathome.com collects personal information from you at several different points on our Web site, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, for billing purposes, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Web site and our products and services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
Registration, Purchases; Other Information Submissions
- When you register to become a member on our Web site, you are asked to create a unique login and password, and are required to give certain personal information (such as your name, email address, and zip code). We might also request certain information about your tastes and preferences (such as your favorite food, purchases or recipes).
- Information you provide during registration might be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and
- to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our Web site for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news, (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Web site.
- Additionally, your registration information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the Web site, for the following purposes:
- for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Web site (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted); and
- to identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the Web site (e.g., when you request a recipe on the Web site, to post your name and a description of the recipe you are requesting).
- If, during or immediately following registration, you choose to view offers for goods and services that are available from selected third party companies ("Co-Registration Vendors"), we will make certain contact and demographic information you provide during registration (e.g., name, age, and/or e-mail address) available to these vendors. If you request goods or services from a Co-Registration Vendor, you might be asked to submit additional demographic and other personal information. The Co-Registration Vendor might use your registration information which we provide to it, along with any information you submit directly to it, to fulfill, or secure fulfillment of, your request. For additional information about disclosure of your personal information to our Co-Registration Vendors, and their use thereafter, please see the "Disclosure of Personal Information" section below.
- We collect personal information such as your credit card, credit card billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our Web site. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the Web site (such as user name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a member of the Web site and potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine's indexing practices.
As a realhighteaathome.com member, you will receive our transactional business communications (e.g. membership communications, administrative messages, etc.) at your email address or street address. In addition you might be automatically enrolled in one or more of our email subscription programs. While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive our subscription-based emails. See the Email and Newsletters section below for information on how to manage your subscriptions.
Email and Newsletters
When you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters we ask for personal information such as your name and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) you are opted in to receive. You may choose not to receive promotional emails or electronic newsletters from us by: (A) following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the specific email from which you wish to opt-out specifying the particular email(s) from which you wish to be removed.
When you elect to use our referral service for e-mailing a recipe or other content to a friend, we ask you for your friend's name and e-mail address. realhighteaathome.com will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail on your behalf which contains the recipe or other content, and which invites your friend to visit the Web site. realhighteaathome.com uses your friend's name and e-mail address only to send this one-time e-mail, and does not store this information. If your friend does not wish to receive "e-mail-a-friend" messages to be sent on your behalf, he or she must contact you directly. realhighteaathome.com users may not use our referral service to send unwanted spam to others.
Contests, Promotions, Offers, and Surveys
From time to time our Web site requests personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you've won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Web site and improve its usefulness to you. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the "Disclosure of Personal Information" section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission and use the ideas to make site improvements.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
- Web site might automatically log you in to the Web site and/or set new cookies when you click on the links in the e-mails and you might need to manually remove such cookies if you do not want them to be set on your computer. See section titled "Third-Party Web site Advertising - General" below for additional information about cookies.
Web Beacons: We use, and permit third parties to use, "Web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) on our Web site and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These Web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Web site.
- Log Files: We track log files on our Web site (i.e., we log your computer's IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Web site) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Web site, track your movements on the Web site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We might link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Third Party Service with Cookies: We may use one or more third party services to compile non-personal information regarding our user's browsing habits, such as page views, visits, unique visitors, etc.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Consent: With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- During or immediately following registration, you have the option to view and select offers from various third party companies that may be of interest to you, such as retailers and consumer products manufacturers. These offers are made available to you by our Co-Registration Vendors. If you choose to view these offers we will make information you provide during registration available to these vendors. The vendors will forward this information, along with any other information you provide in conjunction with your request, to companies you have selected in order to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, your request(s). Our Co-Registration Vendors are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. If you do not select any of the available offers, the vendors will delete your information which they have been provided. Please note, however, that any information that is passed on by these vendors to third party companies that you select is subject to those third parties' privacy practices.
- With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the Web site. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request, or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- realhighteaathome.com's and Dilmah Tea Company Own Business Purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
If we discover that we have collected information without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Access to certain parts of the realhighteaathome.com Sites and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your personal information to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer ("SSL") encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.
Transferring your personal information
You should be aware that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Dilmah Tea Company's instructions.
Disclaimer of Liability
Dilmah Tea Company or its Owner, Agents, Employees, or its Units, programs, disclaim/s all liabilities that would arise from for any incorrect or improper use of the information described or contained in the Website and assumes no responsibility for the unauthorized use/ hacking/ abuse of information by any third party and that it shall not be held liable for any such use/ hacking/ abuse of information. Thus, Dilmah Tea Company or its Owner, Agents, Employees, or its Units, programs shall not be made liable in any event for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages (including but not limited to procurement of services or products, loss of data, interruptions) however caused and on any form of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
MJF GROUP MARKETING
111 Negombo Road
General line (auto answer): + 94 11 482 2000
Fax: + 94 11 482 2001