Spiked Blood Orange Tea (Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea remix)
Posted Wednesday, 30 September 2015 07:14
5 Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea Sachets (loose leaf)
1100 mls just boiled water
5 blood oranges
⅓-1/2 cup sugar, depending on taste
7 shots good quality spiced rum (210 mls)
1 whole blood orange, washed well (peel still on)
Few sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
1. Steep Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea in just boiled water for four minutes and then strain and cool.
2. Juice four of the blood oranges to give around 330mls liquid and then heat up orange juice with sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes over a low heat and then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a jug or bowl, mix tea, orange juice and spiced rum together.
4. Slice remaining orange into medium-thick slices.
5. To serve, add two orange slices and a sprig of thyme.
Recipe type - Cuisine
Prep time - 5
Cook time - 10 mins
Total time - 15 mins
"Author - Christina Soong | The Hungry Australian"